Discussing the feedback
Preparing and running the results discussion in your team
Below is a quick overview of how you can structure the results discussion in your team. You can download a more detailed guide and a workshop canvas at the bottom of the page.
Setting up the meeting and instructing participants
Why? With a careful preparation you can ensure a smooth and effective results discussion. Setting up the workshop is usually quick and easy. The following questions can help you with the preparation:
- Who moderates the discussion?
- How much time should we set aside for this?
- Which room is suitable?
- What equipment do we need?
- What do the participants have to do before the workshop?
Why? Participants are prepared, find it easy to get started with the topic and feel at ease in the group.
- How do we agree to an open discussion?
- What are the goals of the meeting?
Reflecting on the feedback
Why? Participants deal with the results first individually then together in the team. They share what the results trigger for them and which topics they see in the results.
- How do we feel about the feedback?
- What do we want to understand better?
Defining and understanding topics
Why? Using the knowledge gained, you now define topics that you would like to explore further.
- Which topics do we want to address?
- What have we observed? How does it manifest itself? Why is it happening?
Why? Concrete, action-oriented measures are derived for the identified topics.
- Why should it change? How should it look like?
- Which activities should we keep, change, stop and start doing?
- Who could support us with this? E.g. your manager, HR, people working on the topic in question
Why? Reflect on the workshop: identify possible improvements in the workshop process and collaboration.
- How did it go?
- What could we do better next time?
Download workshop guide and canvas
Need more info? In our guide you can find detailed instructions for the results discussion with a lot of tips and tricks.
With our Iceberg Approach you have a ready-to-use canvas that helps you on your journey from feedbacks to improvements.
Do you want to focus fully on the content? An external moderator lets you do just that and makes sure that your discussion is a success. Get in touch with the Pulse Team at your company or contact us directly.