Custom groups can be used to display the results of a selection of participants in one view. This is useful for project teams or agile teams that are not mapped in the company's organisational chart and recorded as a team in Pulse Feedback. You can create custom teams with individual contributors (e.g. your project team) and entire teams (e.g. to combine multiple teams into one team).
Important: Members of custom groups will only see the comments of people with name and photo who are members of their (organisational) team recorded in Pulse Feedback. Comments of all other members of the custom teams are displayed anonymously. However, it is possible to make one's comments visible to other people or teams.
Create a group
- Go to the results view of a survey
- Click on + to the right of Results from, All participants and, if applicable, more teams.
- The Select additional teams or groups window opens. Click on Create group.
- Now you can choose a name for the group and select people and/or teams to be part of the group. When you have finished selecting members, click on Add members and then on Save.
Note: Groups can be created and edited by all users. A group must consist of at least 3 participants.
Edit a group
- Go to Select additional teams or groups (steps 1 & 2 above).
- Find the group you want to edit. If you are part of the group, it will appear without searching.
- Custom groups are displayed with a pencil icon ( ✏️). Click on the pencil icon to edit them.
- Now you can edit the name of the group, add members, remove members or even delete the entire group. After you have made the changes, click Save.
Tip I: If your team has been renamed and you can no longer see the history of your last surveys, you can restore the history by creating a group. To do this, create a group based on the old and new OU names together. Name it clearly (e.g. "OE-NEW History"). You now have an overview of all past data.
Tip II: You can also combine several teams into one group. This is useful to analyse several teams that are not in the same department. If a team changes its name or assignment (e.g. "Sales > Hotline" becomes "Support > Hotline"), you can still track the results over time by combining the old team (Sales > Hotline) and the new team (Support > Hotline) into one group (e.g. "Hotline History").